Louisville Goes Solar October 8th
On Saturday, October 8th Louisville will have two ways to go solar.
- Louisville Solar Tour
Learn about solar energy on the Louisville Solar Tour, hosted by the Kentucky Solar Energy Society.
- Solar Rocks Louisville
Rock out at Haymarket Whiskey Bar while you help raise money for solar panels and energy efficiency upgrades on a Habitat for Humanity house.
You’ve got a lot of options.
- Scroll down to see the agenda for the whole day.
- Sign up for the Louisville Solar Tour. It’s FREE
- Join the Facebook event for the Solar Rocks Louisville concert to get updates and find out when tickets go on sale.
- Donate to help Solar Kentucky energize Louisville
Here’s the full agenda.
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Solar Energy Presentations
Pasteur Hall, 2001 Newburg Rd, Louisville, KY 40205 (click here for map)
- Solar 101 basic principles
- Energy Efficiency
- Regulations & Net Metering
- NEC updated code
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Louisville Solar Tour
Open Homes for the Public to visit and talk with homeowners and installers
(maps will be available for self-guided vehicle and bike tours)
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Meet the Installers
Apocalypse Brewery Works, 1612 Mellwood Ave (click here for map)
Tour after party with installers.
Benefit Show – Haymarket Whiskey Bar
8:00 PM – Doors open
9:30 PM – 1:00 AM – Concert
- Bendigo Fletcher (9:30 – 10:30)
- Johnny Conqueroo (10:45 – 11:45)
- Voodoo Economics (12:00 – 1:00)